Dayton Residential Care Facility
Hotel Dayton opened for the first time on June 20th 1925 at South and Main Streets ( 59th Street and Sixth Avenue ). Inside the hotel were radio stars from the Chicago stations of WIBO, WQJ and WLS who performed for the guests. But the entire hotel didn’t open for business until the following weekend when the hotel’s 105 rooms were ready for guests.
In 1965, after 40 years of operating as a hotel, the Hotel Dayton’s owner at the time began converting it into a residential facility for individuals with physical and mental disabilities. In 1967 the hotel was purchased by its current owner who completed the transformation of the hotel into a Community Based Residential Facility in 1974, and it has since been operating as a CBRF.